Sunday 6 October 2013

Face of The Night - Orange & Purple Eyes!


My first FOTN post! The Mr and I went out for drinks some weeks ago when I rocked this FOTN, I hadn't posted it earlier as I've been pretty strapped for time lately. Better late than never I say though! I thought I'd experiment a bit with my lovely FASH palette so I chose to do a look using orange and purple.


Eyes

All eyeshadows from my FASH palette
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner
Brows filled in with MUA's individual eyeshadow in shade 19
L'Oreal Extra Volume Collagen Mascara
Helen E black eyeliner in waterline

Face
Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation in 85 Soap Stone
Bobbi Brown Eye Shimmer Brick (Sunshine) as highlighter
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium under eyes
Sleek Blush in Sahara
Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder in 330

Lips

Estée Lauder Pure Color Crystal Lipstick in 301 Crystal Baby


My T-Zone is quite shiny as I took the pictures after getting home rather than before. Though it does come off a bit shinier than reality due to the flash. Also it shows the performance of the foundation and powder after long hours. The Maybelline Fit Me powder is definitely a very gentle and light powder that doesn't really control shine in anyway at all so if you prefer powders that help to control shine don't go for this one. As for the Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation (which is oil free), I find that this also does not control shine in any way, neither does it leave a matte finish. If I apply too much it can cause my skin to get oilier. So again do not go for this if you like mattifying foundations. I personally quite like this foundation and would recommend it. Click here if you would like to see my video review of it.

I definitely enjoyed the finished result of this look and will probably do it again. What colour combinations have you experimented with?



4 comments:

  1. Your skin is amazing!!

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4164767/lifebyemmy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Emmy, the foundation definitely helps! hehe

      Delete
  2. Love the purple and orange eye combo, looks great.

    rumbielove.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete