Monday 14 October 2013

Estée Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara


I've never really tried out high end mascaras as I've always felt quite satisfied with what the high street has to offer and I've always thought that high end mascaras were a bit too pricey for me to give them a go. However high street brand mascaras have been slightly creeping up in price over the past few years and after trying this particular high end mascara I have definitely been convinced that splashing out on one this good won't cause me to feel that much guilt! As you can see in the photo the Estée Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara I have is a sample/travel sized one. It came with one of those bonus gift deals that loads of high end brands have going on every once in a while, so I probably would never have tried this mascara if it hadn't been for the deal due to what I previously explained.


It has a standard long slim brush - nothing fancy (not that it needs to be) and it has a slightly wet consistency, not too wet though. It smooths on effortlessly on to each lash and does not clump. It gives lovely long and fluttery looking lashes while maintaining a natural look. After testing it out this became one of my go to mascaras as I fell in love with it straight away. The best thing I love about this mascara is that it is incredibly easy to remove. No rubbing and scrubbing trying to get even any slight residue off. It will come off even just using water! Despite this, it has excellent staying power. It definitely is a zero-smudge mascara as its name suggests. I can wear this mascara from morning to night (yep night, not evening!) and there will be no sign of panda eyes or flaking at all! I stopped using it so much as I don't want it to run out before I can get my hands on another one. Hopefully I'll be able to get it at duty free when I return to the UK. 




I'm so glad I've found a mascara like this. I used to only like using water proof mascaras as you never know what can happen while you're wearing mascara and you don't want any accidents, but I've gone off them as they're just a pain to remove. This is one of my niggles with Benefit's They're Real! It's great and all, but it's too difficult to remove. There are of course other non water resistant or water proof mascaras on the market but I've never come across one that can be removed so easily but does not smudge at all during use. If you know of one let me know! 

3 comments:

  1. The effect is beautiful, gives the impression that uses fake lashes so naturally that is liked to know about the mask lashes.
    post has a new device that gives SHOCK to the face, and the video is subtitled in English, could visit me?
    Of course whenever you have new post on your blog, can you let me come to see.
    magrafelizpensa.blogspot.com and www.youtube.com/user/marcmarify

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely mascara! I love it! Thanks for dropping by, I will have a look at your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. the difference is quite obvious.. I'll be checking this out... lovely review :)
    ladywannabeblog

    ReplyDelete