Saturday 15 June 2013

Review | Clarins Super Restorative Foundation -Teint Lift Eclat Spf 15


Don't you just hate it when you buy a product without realizing what it actually is? Well I do and that's what happened when I bought this foundation. I didn't realise it was and anti-aging foundation (despite the words 'True Lift' in the name, duuuh!), I wouldn't have purchased it if I had realized. However it was on sale for more than half off so I didn't really give that much attention to details as I wanted to take advantage of the mega bargain! This foundation retails at  £35 at Boots so it's quite pricey without that nice discount! I've never been interested in anti-aging foundations as due to my oily skin I've always found them to be best suited to dry skin types. Having said that, my error was a blessing in disguise as I looove this foundation. It is amazing, it gives a beautifully fresh and natural finish to the skin without being too dewy (no shimmer by the way). It has great medium to high coverage so you can apply just a little bit on those days you're feeling good about your skin but still want a 'lift'. Despite the great coverage this foundation is not heavy or cakey, it is wonderfully light! It gives the skin a supple, hydrated and healthy looking finish.


The packaging is great as it's a pump bottle, so fuss free. Even better is that it's the type of pump that pushes the product up as it gets used like the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation bottle. Only thing is that you can't see how much product is left as the bottle is white but that doesn't really bother me too much.


This foundation has a nice light creamy consistency and it blends nicely.


I noticed as I was testing out the shades that the odd numbered shades were warmer / neutral toned and the even numbered shades were cooler toned. I ended up choosing shade 9 Café Glacé / Capuccino as it was the darkest available where I bought the foundation, I would have preferred a slightly darker shade though. I'm a MAC NC44, I think I would say that shade 9 would be comparable to NC42. I would prefer for the shade to be a bit yellower, but that is my personal preference. The only foundation I've so far tried to date that I've found to be yellow enough for me is MAC's Studio Fix, but it made my skin bumpy so can't use it =(.

This foundation instructs you to apply it with your fingers which I believe is the best way as I've tried using brushes and they don't give the same natural finish as when applying with my fingers. A little goes a long way!This foundation lasts well and doesn't make my skin that much more oily than when I don't use it. I do have to blot at some point but that's just the way with oily skin! I would not recommend it to people with oily skin that prefer foundations that help with oil control as this is definitely a dewy foundation. It has SPF so that's a plus for those who like foundations with SPF.

Conclusion? One of the best 'mistake' purchases I've ever made! I love looove this foundation, it's pretty expensive but I like it so much I might be tempted to splash out when my bottle finishes! My experience with this has got me interested in trying out other Clarins products. I know how popular the Beauty Flash Balm is so I'm thinking of giving that a go too. What is/are your favourite Clarins product/s?


No comments:

Post a Comment