Friday 26 October 2012

L'oreal Hydrafresh Active Day Ultra Hydrating Gel-Crème


I came across this moisturiser at a duty free shop going for two for $15 so how could I resist!? These types of gel like textured moisturisers always grab my attention because I usually feel they are usually the best type for my combination/oily skin. However my previous regular Garnier moisturiser isn't as gel-like, it has a slightly more creamy feel to it, which I like as it's a pleasant contrast to the more gel-like textured moisturisers I tend to opt for. My current moisturiser is completely different as it has a lovely rich velvety texture, it's a dream to use! Definitely my HG moisturiser, unfortunately it's been discontinued but I will be doing a post about it just because I think it's so amazing!! Also, you'll all know about it if it should ever come back on the shelves hehe, anyway back to the review...

Texture - The first thing I noticed about this moisturiser is its texture is similar to Clinique's Moisture Surge. In comparison I would say that Clinique Moisture Surge is slightly thicker in texture while L'oreal Hydrafresh Actice Day has a lighter feel to it. 






Scent - The scent, in my opinion, is absolutely lush! The words that come to mind when thinking about the scent would be fresh, zesty, citrus, and zingy. It's got a very refreshing 'awake' scent which makes it a pleasure to use just after an invigorating afternoon shower! It's quite strong but seeing as the scent is so nice I don't find it overbearing or annoying, though if you're the type who prefers subtly scented moisturisers or with no scent all together I don't think you'd appreciate this moisturiser's moderately potent scent.

"Enriched with calcium, magnesium and Vitamin C, E, B5" this moisturiser is aimed at normal/combination skin and claims to lock in hydration, intensely moisturise, refresh and reinvigorate the skin. Sounds amazing right?? Ha, but is it?? Well, I have to say I really liked this moisturiser! I do feel like it's a cheaper lighter dupe for the Moisture Surge which I quite like so if you like that give this a go if you're trying to save the pennies. I had been reaching for this on drier days when I felt like I needed more moisture than my Garnier Youthful Radience offers me. It smells gorgeous, feels lovely massaging it into your skin and it sinks in nicely leaving your skin feeling quenched with moisture. I find it best to use this moisturiser sparingly or else it doesn't absorb completely into my combination/oily skin. I don't think I'd use this in hotter humid conditions.


Verdict: 10/10 as I don't have anything bad to say about this moisturiser! If you like light fresh feeling moisturisers I definitely would recommend this one. What are your favourite light and gel-like moiturisers?

3 comments:

  1. Great review! Are you originally from the UK? Followed you! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! Following you back! Yes I'm Anglo-Brazilian from London =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete