Friday 16 November 2012

Cinnamon & Honey Topical Acne Treatment






Another kitchen fav post! This time it's about my love for cinnamon and honey paste. I use this paste any time I have any kind of breakout including cysts and it works like a charm! Check out some of the great skin benefits of honey and cinnamon:

Honey

  • Humectant
  • Antioxidant
  • Antibacterial
  • Soothing

Cinnamon

  • Antibacterial
  • Anti-inflammatory
  • Astringent 
  • Stimulant

I swear by this stuff and hope you'll try it if you haven't and enjoy it as much as I do! You can also use this mixture as a face mask but be careful if you have sensitive skin or severe acne as the exfoliant effect from the cinnamon could aggravate your skin. Check out the video above to see how I use the paste.

10 comments:

  1. i'm totally going to try this! Thank you for sharing! Does it work for scars too....?

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked the tip! Let us know how it works for you! Doesn't really work for scars. What kind of scars do you want to fade? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely try this method, my engagement is near and i am in desperate need of something which can help to reduce pimples from my face, sometimes i feel like hitting my head on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it helped you! If not check out my latest posts. They are about more acne solutions!

      Delete
  4. It’s really a nice and beneficial bit of data on organic cures for acne. I’m delighted that you just contributed this kind of beneficial data around. Make sure you keep us educated like this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post, stay tuned for more on the subject! I recently did a post about apple cider vinegar.

      Delete
  5. I generally have oilier acne prone skin, but I just got sunburn and my face is flaking, so I need a moisturizer pimple in ear I can pick up at walmart that is non comedogenic and wont cause acne. Thx in advance!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have oily acne prone skin. I've been using a moisturiser from Garnier (Youthful Radiance) for quite some time now and has never broken me out. I also hear the Cetaphil moisturiser is good. x

      Delete
  6. I have very sensitive skin. If i put on any acne treatments for my face it starts to burn and i get some weird color on my face. And I also started getting dry skin on my face. Know any good acne treatments? pimple on eyelid

    ReplyDelete