Monday 8 July 2013

Quote of The Day

I'm quite a spiritual person and I've decided to integrate that a bit into my blog to bring about an air of love and happiness! Throughout the past few years I've definitely grown a lot more spiritually, due to the situations I've faced and had to deal with. So as not to ramble I'll just give one main example which is the fact that I had to move away from the UK unexpectedly and not necessarily by choice. I've been living outside the UK for almost four years now and since before and during this time I've learned so much about myself and life due to all the difficulties I've been faced with during these years and of course it's always an on going process. One thing that I've changed which I think is a very beneficial thing is that I no longer watch the news, of course it's important to know what's going  in the world but frankly all news networks mostly do is just encourage us it feel negative emotions like fear and sadness. I've read a few spiritual books which mentioned this and that's where I first got the idea of just not watching the news anymore and I haven't looked back! Every time I happen to hear the news, or go on news websites it's always doom and gloom.. why can't the main focus be positive things that make us feel good about life?! I do remember I once saw an item about a really helpful and cheerful supermarket worker, it was so lovely to watch that! I think the worker's name was Nigel but I can't find the video on YouTube! So annoying I really want to share it with you! Anyway I thought I'd start of this subject on my blog with a Paulo Coelho quote from The Alchemist, a must read!



I think fear prevents us from doing so many things in life, and a lot of the time it's even 'silly' things that get put to the side because we're scared of people's opinions or failing or because of whatever else. It also causes us to behave in regretful ways. This is such a dense subject that affects so many aspects of life! If we let go of fear we open a door that leads to so many possibilities! What is one fear you faced and overcame be it tiny or big?


No comments:

Post a Comment