Thursday 6 June 2013

Review | Me Me Me Eye Inspire Catwalk Quad Collection




I'm a sucker for gorgeous metallic, vibrant eyeshadow, so when I cam across these quads while browsing the Me Me Me Cosmetics website I had to have them! Just look at those intense colours! I love these quads but I initially was really put off when I first tried one of them, so much so I hadn't tried the rest until quite recently. The first time I was going to use any of the quads I opted for Fire Eyes, I was in a rush and was going to quickly update my day make-up to a more dramatic night look. I grabbed my brush and went to pick up some colour and to my annoyance absolutely nothing transferred on to the brush! So I tried using my finger and I only got some colour pay off using quite a bit of pressure. I was so put off I didn't even try the other quads. I googled for reviews but didn't find that much at the time. I found one review that complained about the same thing and another saying really good things, so I thought maybe I got some dud quads so I left them aside for some time. Anyway, one night when I was doing a green smokey eye  I decided to give the quads another go since I hadn't really tried all of them out, this time the colour transferred properly to the brush and gave me the results I had expected before! Highly pigmented metallic gorgeousness. 



These quads aren't cheap (each one costs £6.50) so it's pretty bad that the Fire Eyes quad had extremely bad colour pay off, and since I had seen that bad review talking about the same problem I suspect that it isn't rare someone gets a dud quad (or more than one.) However, when the eyeshadows work as they should they are absolutely gorgeous.




There is a possibility that Me Me Me became aware of this problem and addressed it as when I bought the quads they were called Eye Inspire Baked Eyeshadow where as now they are called Inspire Catwalk Quad Collection. Have you tried these quads? What are your favourite intense metallic eyeshadows?

No comments:

Post a Comment