Thursday 31 January 2013

How I got rid of my severe cystic acne



Cute thumbnail eh?! Haha, anyway as the title suggests this video is about how I managed to get rid of my severe cystic acne. I've always had acne prone skin ever since I hit puberty and I went through stages where it would get better and worse, then better then worse... but at one stage it got reaaally bad. It got to a point where it was even painful to simply touch my face. Thankfully I managed to find a solution! Watch the video above or click here to see what I did to get rid of my acne once and for all! Keep strong acne sufferers, there's a solution out there it just has to be the right one for you.

My top tips:

Be patient when trying a new routine; acne cures usually do not work quickly. You need to give whatever you're trying a good test out before you conclude that it does not work for you.

Try not to squeeze really bad lesions like cysts/nodules. They're more likely to leave scarring if you do. I do have to admit I could NEVER leave any lesion alone! If it looked like it could be squeezed allowing me to get the 'core' out for it to hurry up and heal over I would get popping ASAP, and those nasty popped cysts are actually what caused any scarring on my skin. 

If you really want to squeeze a spot then make sure you do it properly! It has to be ready to be squeezed or your failed attempts will just worsen the flareup. The squeezing has to be done in a certain way so as not to aggravate the lesion or push the bad stuff deeper into the blocked pore. There are plenty of videos on YouTube demonstrating how to to do extractions correctly, definitely take a look if you need to brush up on your technique!

To help improve the appearance of scarring stay true to a good and consistent skin care routine that includes regular exfoliation. If you feel exfoliants with granules are too harsh for you opt for gentle exfoliants such as the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant or natural exfoliants rich in AHAs/BHAs such as lemons, strawberries, milk, apple cider vinegar and so on.  

As I mention in the video, I recommend calamine lotion and aloe vera for highly irritated skin. They definitely helped to calm my skin down at times when it got really uncomfortable.

If you suffer from acne and haven't found a solution yet I hope this video helps! However if you have suffered from acne and have found a solution do let us know what that is in the comments!




2 comments:

  1. Hi, I do think this is a great site. I stumbledupon it ;) I may revisit yet again since i have saved as a favorite it.about website |web site |how does raspberry ketones work

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so informative and makes a very nice image on the topic in my mind.does raspberry ketones really work |how does raspberry ketone work |raspberry ketone dr oz

    ReplyDelete